If you suspect a scam or fraud situation please take action right away. Here are some resources to help report any possible sign's of scams or fraud:
If you suspect that an item posted for sale on chbo may be part of a scam, please contact CHBO. Be sure to include the url (or 4-digit property id number) in your message. thanks for all your help.
You can recognize a possible scam by following these common-sense rules:
* Deal locally with folks you can meet in person - follow this one simple rule and you will avoid 99% of the scam attempts.
* Never wire funds via western union, moneygram or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.
* Fake cashier checks & money orders are common, and banks will cash them and then hold you responsible when the fake is discovered weeks later.
* CHBO is not involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"
* Never give out financial information (bank account number, social security number, ebay/paypal info, etc.)
* Avoid deals involving shipping or escrow services and know that only a scammer will "guarantee" your transaction.
Most scams involve one or more of the following:
* Inquiry from someone far away, often in another country
* Western union, money gram, cashier's check, money order, shipping, escrow service, or a "guarantee"
* Inability or refusal to meet face-to-face before consummating transaction
Search any of the social media websites for the persons name
If you are in the business of providing executive housing rentals, a property manager is someone you should have on your side. This person has experie read more
Los Angeles is a fantastic city that always has something going on. No matter where you look, you’ll find fine restaurants, quaint shops, and all th read more
As someone who provides corporate housing, you’ve probably experienced your share of emails and calls from tenants asking about the code for the key read more
If you’ve just found out you need to relocate for a work assignment, most companies will provide a temporary place to stay. This temporary corporate read more
Keeping guests safe in your rental property is more critical now than ever before. That’s why having a list of guidelines can help you manage your c read more