If you suspect a scam or fraud situation please take action right away. Here are some resources to help report any possible sign's of scams or fraud:
If you suspect that an item posted for sale on chbo may be part of a scam, please contact CHBO. Be sure to include the url (or 4-digit property id number) in your message. thanks for all your help.
You can recognize a possible scam by following these common-sense rules:
* Deal locally with folks you can meet in person - follow this one simple rule and you will avoid 99% of the scam attempts.
* Never wire funds via western union, moneygram or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.
* Fake cashier checks & money orders are common, and banks will cash them and then hold you responsible when the fake is discovered weeks later.
* CHBO is not involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"
* Never give out financial information (bank account number, social security number, ebay/paypal info, etc.)
* Avoid deals involving shipping or escrow services and know that only a scammer will "guarantee" your transaction.
Most scams involve one or more of the following:
* Inquiry from someone far away, often in another country
* Western union, money gram, cashier's check, money order, shipping, escrow service, or a "guarantee"
* Inability or refusal to meet face-to-face before consummating transaction
Search any of the social media websites for the persons name
If you have a rental property listing in Atlanta, Georgia or in the nearby area, we have a great opportunity to share with you. This year, hundreds of read more
It can be frustrating and confusing to look at the rental rates of corporate housing which is furnished and see the numbers all over the place. Everyt read more
Exposing a few of the hidden tricks up Mother Nature’s sleeve When considering insurance for your rental homes, you’re likely concerned ab read more
If you ask ten people what must-haves they need for their corporate housing which is furnished, you’re likely going to walk away with ten different read more
In 2013, we posted a brief article about the revised definition of corporate housing from the Corporate Housing Providers Association or CHPA. They ar read more