If you suspect a scam or fraud situation please take action right away. Here are some resources to help report any possible sign's of scams or fraud:
If you suspect that an item posted for sale on chbo may be part of a scam, please contact CHBO. Be sure to include the url (or 4-digit property id number) in your message. thanks for all your help.
You can recognize a possible scam by following these common-sense rules:
* Deal locally with folks you can meet in person - follow this one simple rule and you will avoid 99% of the scam attempts.
* Never wire funds via western union, moneygram or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.
* Fake cashier checks & money orders are common, and banks will cash them and then hold you responsible when the fake is discovered weeks later.
* CHBO is not involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"
* Never give out financial information (bank account number, social security number, ebay/paypal info, etc.)
* Avoid deals involving shipping or escrow services and know that only a scammer will "guarantee" your transaction.
Most scams involve one or more of the following:
* Inquiry from someone far away, often in another country
* Western union, money gram, cashier's check, money order, shipping, escrow service, or a "guarantee"
* Inability or refusal to meet face-to-face before consummating transaction
Search any of the social media websites for the persons name
Oakville, ON is located in the southern part of the province between Hamilton and Toronto. This city has a population of nearly 200,000 and offers cul read more
To protect your rental, if considering pets, here are some tips Know replacement costs (Including loss of rent for downtime to repair, delivery and se read more
A study performed by the University of North Carolina at Charlotte’s Criminal Justice Department shows that a corporate housing security system read more
CHBO always recommend owners opt for the ARDP. This option is a win/win for the owner and the renter. Renters don’t have to tie up large amounts of read more
One of the most mobile workforces in the United States is made up of Gen Xer’s, who were born between 1960 and 1981. These professionals are looking read more