If you suspect a scam or fraud situation please take action right away. Here are some resources to help report any possible sign's of scams or fraud:
If you suspect that an item posted for sale on chbo may be part of a scam, please contact CHBO. Be sure to include the url (or 4-digit property id number) in your message. thanks for all your help.
You can recognize a possible scam by following these common-sense rules:
* Deal locally with folks you can meet in person - follow this one simple rule and you will avoid 99% of the scam attempts.
* Never wire funds via western union, moneygram or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.
* Fake cashier checks & money orders are common, and banks will cash them and then hold you responsible when the fake is discovered weeks later.
* CHBO is not involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"
* Never give out financial information (bank account number, social security number, ebay/paypal info, etc.)
* Avoid deals involving shipping or escrow services and know that only a scammer will "guarantee" your transaction.
Most scams involve one or more of the following:
* Inquiry from someone far away, often in another country
* Western union, money gram, cashier's check, money order, shipping, escrow service, or a "guarantee"
* Inability or refusal to meet face-to-face before consummating transaction
Search any of the social media websites for the persons name
Many of us spend so much time in the digital world that we forget CHBO guests have access to a total of five senses rather than just one. When a poten read more
As a corporate housing property manager, there are certain requirements. You need to spend money to manage the property in order to bring in renters a read more
Determine the right accommodations to fit your needs If staying to 30+ days a furnished apartment or furnished home can make you stay more enjoyable a read more
In 2013, we reported to you that Rebekah Gregory, a “friend in the corporate housing community…[was] recovering from the bomb explosions in Boston read more
Do you offer furnished housing for corporate guests? Have you ever sat down to think about how often you have an occupant in the provided corporate re read more