If you suspect a scam or fraud situation please take action right away. Here are some resources to help report any possible sign's of scams or fraud:
If you suspect that an item posted for sale on chbo may be part of a scam, please contact CHBO. Be sure to include the url (or 4-digit property id number) in your message. thanks for all your help.
You can recognize a possible scam by following these common-sense rules:
* Deal locally with folks you can meet in person - follow this one simple rule and you will avoid 99% of the scam attempts.
* Never wire funds via western union, moneygram or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.
* Fake cashier checks & money orders are common, and banks will cash them and then hold you responsible when the fake is discovered weeks later.
* CHBO is not involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"
* Never give out financial information (bank account number, social security number, ebay/paypal info, etc.)
* Avoid deals involving shipping or escrow services and know that only a scammer will "guarantee" your transaction.
Most scams involve one or more of the following:
* Inquiry from someone far away, often in another country
* Western union, money gram, cashier's check, money order, shipping, escrow service, or a "guarantee"
* Inability or refusal to meet face-to-face before consummating transaction
Search any of the social media websites for the persons name