If you suspect a scam or fraud situation please take action right away. Here are some resources to help report any possible sign's of scams or fraud:
If you suspect that an item posted for sale on chbo may be part of a scam, please contact CHBO. Be sure to include the url (or 4-digit property id number) in your message. thanks for all your help.
You can recognize a possible scam by following these common-sense rules:
* Deal locally with folks you can meet in person - follow this one simple rule and you will avoid 99% of the scam attempts.
* Never wire funds via western union, moneygram or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.
* Fake cashier checks & money orders are common, and banks will cash them and then hold you responsible when the fake is discovered weeks later.
* CHBO is not involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"
* Never give out financial information (bank account number, social security number, ebay/paypal info, etc.)
* Avoid deals involving shipping or escrow services and know that only a scammer will "guarantee" your transaction.
Most scams involve one or more of the following:
* Inquiry from someone far away, often in another country
* Western union, money gram, cashier's check, money order, shipping, escrow service, or a "guarantee"
* Inability or refusal to meet face-to-face before consummating transaction
Search any of the social media websites for the persons name
Remodeling or renovating your home can breathe fresh air into the property. Yet, living through the process comes with many challenges. This is especi read more
If you are going on a work trip into New Jersey, choosing Jersey City corporate housing has many advantages to staying in a hotel room. You get to enj read more
If you know anything about business executives, you’re likely aware that they often do a lot of travel. This often leads to spending a significant a read more
Whether tenants have just left temporary housing or moved out of a long-term apartment, wear and tear is something that property owners should expect. read more
Retirement is a phase in life when many people choose to uproot and spread their wings. Without the need to stay near a corporation for work, the enti read more