This past week blazing wildfires have destroyed nearly 500 homes in central Texas. About 5,000 people have been forced from their homes just outside of Austin and 400 have been placed in emergency shelters.
Thankfully there are no immediate reports of injuries or residents trapped in their homes, but extensive property damage is to be expected once the fires have been contained.
If you are unable to return to your home due to the Texas wildfires, corporate housing may be a temporary housing option for your family. Being uprooted from your home is tough enough but living in a hotel with children and pets for months on end can be stressful. Remember hotels aren’t the only option. Check with your insurance provider to determine if they cover corporate housing or furnished rental stays versus hotels.
If you or someone you know is interested in a furnished rental for a temporary stay in the aftermath of the wildfires, please visit CHBO to search for furnished rentals.
Our thoughts are with everyone impacted by the Texas wildfires.
- When Disaster Strikes – Turn to Corporate Housing.
- Corporate Housing Can Aid Those Displaced Due to Hurricane Irene Damage
- Insurance Housing: Corporate Rentals to the Rescue.
- Corporate Lodging News: Increase in Defense Department TDY Rates
- CHBO Helping Families Displaced by Sandy Find Temporary Corporate Housing