With Thanksgiving, we have entered the official start of the holiday season. Is your home or investment property currently on the market for sale? Have you noticed a slowing of showings or interest now that the weather is turning and people are busy with holiday plans?
his is typical for the time of year and does not mean your property won’t eventually sell. However, you may want to reconsider selling your home during this seasonal time.
A strategy to consider instead is delaying the sales process and renting out your property as a corporate rental until the busy home buying tides starts again in the spring.
Doing so can benefit you in many ways, including:
- Corporate rental leases are month-to-month, so a renter wouldn’t tie up your home in a 12 month long lease. Once the holidays pass, you can begin to re-market your property for sale more strategically.
- You would be able to cover your mortgage through the holiday months without worry of being in the “red.” Let’s face it, the holidays can be an expensive time and carrying a mortgage on a home that is vacant can be tough no matter how much money you make.
- You could still keep your home listed “For Sale” during the holiday season. A corporate housing renter may not mind if a Realtor brings someone in for showings, on occasion.
- You would attract a quality renter who will likely care for your home as their own. Corporate housing renters include individuals on extended vacations, traveling business executives, sports and entertainment professionals, military families and traveling medical professionals.
Remember, CHBO can help you quickly find a quality renter through its active and vibrant marketplace that connects homeowners offering short-term, furnished housing with potential tenants in need.
- Five Ideas on How to Market Your Property to Traveling Business Consultants
- Summer is Over – Turn Your Vacation Home into a Corporate Rental
- Why Politics Might be Bad for Corporate Housing Businesses?
- Yes, Government Shutdown Influenced Corporate Housing!
- Flying South for the Winter? Snowbirds Consider Turning Your Home into a Corporate Rental