So many questions so little time… Here at CHBO we are passionate about people and finding ways of connecting the best possible Corporate Apartments options with the best qualified renters. For over 9 years CHBO has worked to develop a web platform to connect the world of travelers and the world of Corporate Apartments rentals. Now for the 6th year we are conducting our annual survey of the Corporate Apartments real estate industry from which we are able to provide the Annual Corporate Apartments Real Estate report on the trends and expectations of our industry.
Your information is essential to assure together we are all more successful – if you own or manage Corporate Apartments rentals please take a minute and complete the 2014 Corporate Apartments Survey and get qualified to win an IPad Air!
What we learned from last year’s Corporate Apartments Survey #8…
Topic: Corporate Apartments
- Marketing Trends. In 2013, 37% of respondents say they spent $500 or more on their annual marketing efforts – down from 2012 but consistent with 2011. 51% of “by owner” landlords say their properties were always rented (up from 40% in 2012), while the remaining 49% say they needed more tenants.
- Marketing Resources. 72% say they had professional photos taken of their properties (up from 63% in 2012), and 37% say they have a dedicated website for their properties. More individual owners are seeing property management as a viable income opportunity that requires polished marketing. In addition, social media is also playing a bigger role in finding renters.
- Marketing Results. The majority of “by owner” landlords say they use the Internet to promote their properties. 67% of respondents say they use CHBO’s basic listing service, followed by 50% who use Craigslist (a 6% increase over 2012). Respondents find they receive the most qualified leads and the most renters from Internet marketing, followed by real estate agents.
- Internet Reservations. In 2013, we again asked how the “by owner” segment feels about real-time booking reservations, in which the property is leased through a computer website and the property owner has no interaction with the tenant. 25% of respondents say they have used one of these programs (up 9% over 2012). However, 48% say “no,” they would never rent their property without talking to the tenant first.
- CHBO Services. Of the respondents using CHBO, they tell us they use the following CHBO tools the most: (1) The property listings (2) The MyCHBO documents page (3) The Property Owner Handbook (4) This “By Owner” Corporate Apartments Annual Report.
Take the 2014 Survey now and get qualified to win an IPad Air!
Read the 2013 Annual Report.
- Real Estate Secrets: Details of the Successful CHBO Property Owner
- Corporate Housing Annual Survey – Complete for a chance to win a $100 Amex Gift Card
- It’s Tax Season Again! How Does the IRS View Corporate Housing Properties?
- City Spotlight: San Francisco Corporate Housing!
- City Spotlight: Minneapolis Furnished Housing!