Moving into furnished rental apartments can be convenient when on a business trip or during relocation. However, there are a few questions you want to ask to make sure you enjoy spending your time in your new space. Below, we’ll tackle 10 questions you may not think to ask and later wish you had.
1. Who is the Contact for Emergencies?
This is one of the top questions to ask because even the best furnished rental apartments can run into problems. If the dishwasher stops working, you don’t have hot water, or a larger emergency occurs, you need to know who you should contact.
2. How Many Electrical Outlets are Available?
If you are bringing along several electrical devices for work, you want to be sure there are outlets to accommodate them. Find out how many are available in the apartment and how much power you can use before a breaker flips. Knowing where the breaker switches are is also an excellent question to ask.
3. Are There Noisy Neighbors Nearby?
Depending on the furnished rental apartment, you might have neighbors that share a wall or a floor with you. Ask the landlord what the noise level is like and then decide whether you are okay with the distraction if it’s present. If not, it could be a long stay listening to other people go about their days.
4. Where Are the Nearest Grocery Stores and Gas Stations?
While staying in the furnished space, you’ll likely need to access places like gas stations, grocery stores, and post offices. Having an idea of how far these things are from the apartment will give you an idea of how convenient things are for you, especially if you plan to travel on foot or by bike.
5. Is There a Buzzer or Intercom System to Allow People Inside?
Security matters, especially in furnished rental apartments. Make sure you ask about whether an intercom service is present to keep unwanted guests out. This will give you peace of mind and help you sleep better at night.
6. How is the Water Pressure and is Hot Water Shortage an Issue?
There’s nothing worse than waking up for a shower only to find there is no hot water. If there’s little water pressure, that can be frustrating as well. Take time to ask the landlord how the water heat and pressure are so you can cut down on frustration.
7. How is the Cell Phone Service in the Apartment for Voice and Data?
Especially for those on business in a furnished rental apartment, you want a space that has exceptional cell phone service. It would be best if you inquired about how the voice connection is, as well as the data connection. If wireless Internet is provided, that can be a huge perk.
8. How Loud is the Outdoor Noise During the Nighttime Hours?
If you are staying in an apartment on the street, asking about the noise level is crucial. Everything from pedestrians to traffic and construction can end up keeping you awake at night. Everyone needs a good night’s rest, so ask about all these things.
9. Do You Have Access to Change the Temperature in the Apartment?
In the best cases, you’ll have access to central heat and air conditioning in your apartment unit. However, that isn’t always the case, so make sure you find out. Having to live by someone else’s temperature preferences can be a challenge, especially if they like it much hotter or colder than you do.
10. Are Package Deliveries Available on Weekdays if You Aren’t There?
For those who will be out and about working during weekdays, you should determine whether packages can be left for you during those times. If not, it can be troublesome to track down things you order.
There are many questions you can ask to ensure your time in furnished rental apartments is a positive experience. The 10 listed above are a great place to start when choosing the right apartment for your needs.
Let CHBO Help
When it comes to finding the perfect condo for rent short time, Corporate Housing by Owner can help you find the right option. A quick search will offer you insight into possibilities you won’t find elsewhere. Take a moment to see exactly what kind of homes you can stay in near your new work location.
- Questions To Ask Corporate Housing Providers Before Booking!
- Understanding Why a Short-Term Business Rental Could Be Your Top Option
- Don’t Use These Property Images When Marketing Your Furnished Rentals
- Amenities To Look For in Your Next Corporate Apartment
- How To Choose Between a Corporate Apartment in the City or the Suburbs