A positive sign that the economy is improving was cited by a recent survey of nearly 200 HR practitioners by Cartus. The survey found that while 30% of HR professionals experienced decreases in their relocation-assignment activity over the past three years, the same HR professionals are optimistic that growth is on the way in the near future.
“Except for the most costly long-term assignments, companies anticipating growth outnumbered those expecting declines by a 6-to-1 margin,” reports the HR Executive article.
The survey also found:
- Companies are taking more flexible approaches in work assignments.
- Long-term assignments have dropped in the past three years.
- Nearly twice as many companies have experienced a gain in short-term assignments.
As companies begin to up their short-term assignments, many may turn to furnished housing to provide a more thoughtful working and living environment for their employees.
- The Changing Relocation Front: Housing Woes force companies to Re-strategize their Relocation Policies
- Wikipedia Corporate Housing: What do I call it and do I care?
- The Changing Face of Corporate Relocation!
- Real Estate Secrets: Details of the Successful CHBO Property Owner
- Investment Trends: Luxury Real Estate Rentals.