Your corporate rental clientele have the tempting option of staying in hotels where the rooms are cleaned daily, towels and linens are constantly replaced and the rooms and common areas smell clean and fresh.
When catering to this business professional that is used to being “picked up” after, it is important that your corporate rental is regularly cleaned. That means cleaning carpets and washing sheets and linens between tenants. It also means that you may want to consider offering or requiring a weekly, bi-monthly or monthly cleaning or maid service while a corporate tenant is in residence.
In the 2010 Corporate Housing By Owner Report, 16% of landlords surveyed said they provide maid service as an included amenity, up from 12.2% in 2009. Similarly, 44% of respondents offer a fee-based maid service, making it convenient for their tenants who want to pay a little extra for that kind of service. Whether it’s fee based or included, offering maid service goes a long way with busy tenants.
Here are some reasons you may want to consider offering maid service to your tenants if you don’t already:
- Unit is thoroughly cleaned between visitors by a trusted professional – which can make for happier clients who stand for nothing but the utmost cleanliness from a property.
- Busy tenants are happy that they don’t have to clean or launder the sheets– many won’t have time to do so anyway.
- Makes your property more professional and marketable.
- Enables you to stand out and perhaps charge a premium rental rate as you’re looking to attract higher-end clientele.
- Your maintenance team will quickly spot deferred maintenance issues and report back to you leaky toilets, broken doorknobs or coffee table stains. You’ll be able to quickly remediate these issues (before a leaky toilet turns into a flood) and document issues like coffee table stains so you can recoup costs associated with damage to your property.
- You ensure the trash is properly taken out and not stinkin’ up your property.
As you can see, there are many benefits to requiring or offering as an option a maid service. Overall, a maid service offers a means to protecting your investment and reputation. Good luck!