The research firm RealtyTrac recently conducted a survey of the best U.S. markets to buy a single family home for the purpose of renting it out. The firm picked the top 20 markets that represent the best chance for generating good cash flow.
Eight markets in Florida, which was hit hard by the housing bubble, made the list, as prices make a strong return. Also, Atlanta and Phoenix topped the list, which are two of the most popular cities searched for short-term corporate housing rentals on CorporateHousingbyOwner.com.
If you’re in the market for a rental home – and are considering renting it out traditionally or as a corporate rental – consult this list to find a market where you might find the most success.
Wondering if now is a good time to buy? A combination of relatively low prices, extremely low interest rates, and a strong rental market might help you decide. Read our blog post, “Is Now A Good Time to Buy Real Estate?“
- Buying is Cheaper Than Renting in Most US Cities – But Does it Make Sense for You?
- Is Now a Good Time to Buy Real Estate (and Invest in Corporate Housing)?
- Deciding How to Set Your Corporate Housing Rental Rate
- Real Estate Investing: When is it Time to Buy or Sell?
- Colorado Couple Finds Stream of Quality Tenants at CHBO