According to new data from the US Census Bureau 3 of the top 5 fastest growing cities in the US are in Texas.
People are being lured by higher-than-average salaries, but developers can’t build homes fast enough.
- San Marcos, Texas
- Frisco, Texas
- South Jordan, Utah
- Cedar Park, Texas
- Lehi, Utah
- Goodyear, Arizona
- Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
- Meridian, Idaho
- Odessa, Texas
- Gilbert, Arizona
- McKinney, Texas
- Franklin, Tennessee
- Pearland, Texas
Biggest Population Increases
Cities with the largest numeric growth and their current populations:
- New York – 8,405,837
- Los Angeles – 3,884,307
- Chicago – 2,718,782
- Houston – 2,195,914
- Philadelphia – 1,553,165
Questions to Ask:
- As you think about investing in real estate do you only consider properties in your own area?
- Do you know at what the population trends are in the area you are investing?
- What are your expectations for equity growth?
- What do property taxes look like?
- What is the price per square foot of the rental?
- What are the employment trends in the area?
- What does future development look like in the area??