If you have corporate housing for rent or you offer furnished housing of any kind, it isn’t unreasonable to wonder whether or not you should decorate for the Christmas season. First things first, you should know that many rentals (both corporate housing for rent and vacation rentals) often note “decorated for the holidays” as a “plus”. So, if your furnished housing is in a market where this would apply, you should seriously consider taking steps to doll up the rental for the season.
But there is more to “Christmas ready” than decorations alone. It also has to be about a certain atmosphere you create around that corporate housing for rent. Here are our six biggest tips for making sure any of your furnished housing properties are the most Christmas ready possible:
- Decorate for the season – You don’t have to go wild with the decorations, but it could be nice to add those touches that present a special sort of welcome along with that cozy, home away from home,Christmas spirit. White lights on the outside can be nice, along with a wreath on the door. A smaller, decorated tree would be ideal and some ornaments scattered around are great touches. You don’t have to invest in costly items –a few large bowls full of ornaments, some scented candles and holiday greens…these can create a real sense of the season.
- Make the rental a special Christmas deal –Offer your furnished housing as a special package if rented over Christmas. For example, if a rental coincides with the holidays, promote the booking by adding on a few niceties like a meal at a local restaurant, a gift basket, breakfast on the day of Christmas, and so on.
- Gifts – If you have a vacation or corporate housing for rent and it is booked for the Christmas season, it is a great idea to leave a holiday gift, usually something edible like some fresh or gourmet cookies and perhaps some hot chocolate mix. A gift card to a local business could also build a business relationship between you and local vendors.
- Send and leave a holiday newsletter – Don’t send a corporate card when you can send a newsletter showing off the properties decorated for the season. Add information about your package deal and promote gift certificates.
- Make the rental a gift itself – Keep in touch with all previous clients and incentive their giving a stay at the property by offering them a discount code or stay.
- Make a donation – Holidays are an ideal time to donate to charities and you can then use these actions to prove to clients that you care about the community.
A home for the holidays is what most of us seek and if you have clients in corporate rentals, ensure they have as cozy as home as possible using the tips above.