Those who own corporate housing properties and short term apartments know that there are a lot of moving pieces involved. It is never just a matter of keeping properties booked and clients happy. There are matters such as upkeep and maintenance, cleaning, insurances, property management and more. This is why tech updates are one way to improve your corporate housing outcomes easily and efficiently.
If you ask owners of short term apartments and corporate rentals, one thing that seems to constantly come up is the unpredictability of utility usage by a renter. One corporate client may use so little electricity or energy it seems as if they never arrived while others gobble up an entire household’s worth of energy. This can put a crimp in the bottom line, but tech advances can help.
There are now “smart home” options that can be just as effective for short term apartment rentals as everyday homes. They include:
- Smart thermostats –Smart thermostats – Able to learn a tenant’s habits and needs, they save money by recognizing these patterns and shutting down when the home is unoccupied reducing costs. Adjustments can also be made remotely.
- Energy monitoring – These apps are everywhere and can be used to monitor the rental property’s use of energy. Revealing consumption patterns can be a good way to work with renters to cut back on waste.
- Smart lighting – Along with the internet connected appliances, doors and security, you can also have lighting that operates this way. Installing programmable switches, using motion sensing elements and that can be controlled by mobile devices allow lighting costs to be significantly reduced.
With just these tech updates, you can begin to reduce energy consumption that improve your bottom line.
- Property Management: 4 Smart Home Products to Help Manage Your Corporate Housing Rental
- Can Fully Furnished Apartments For Rent Become an Executive Rental?
- Smart Home Products For Your Furnished Rental
- How to Request Reviews from Corporate Housing Rentals?
- How to Transition Your Furnished Rental into a Smart Home?