The Impact of Lighting on Your Corporate Rentals.Admin
Published Date: 2018-05-28
Though we supply lots of rental apartment tips for our corporate rentals clients at CHBO, we want to address the matter of lighting in this article. It is far more vital to the success of your corporate rentals than you might realize, and this is true of the images you supply as well as the actual spaces themselves. So, let's take a quick look at some of the most potent home and rental apartment tips where lighting is concerned. Before we do, just a quick word about the significance of proper and quality lighting in corporate rentals, because many don't realize what lighting says about the space. To prove that point, we'll share a brief tale from someone who found their extended stay lighting confusing and unsatisfactory, leading them to leave a negative review and discourage others from using the same provider. Essentially, it boiled down to this: The corporate traveler was going to spend three weeks in an extended stay property. Given a key card upon arrival, they entered the unit and found light switches that did not work. They stumbled around in the dark, but no luck. They then asked a maintenance person in a nearby hall about it and discovered an odd fixture by the door that required the key card to be kept in place if the lights were to work! Obviously, this sort of controlled lighting saved the property owner a lot on wasted energy, but was a huge hassle for the renter and one of the main reasons for this to appear in our list of top rental apartment tips. So, rule one about corporate rentals and lighting is this: Make it simple and easy to use!
Other Rental Apartment Tips for LightingTo ensure your corporate rentals do have the best lighting, we can look at suggestions from experts, including professional interior designers. They know all of the best methods for turning even darker corners into perfectly lit, appealing spaces. Of course, they have their own rules, and we are going to use them for our home and rental apartment tips, too.
- Start with the purpose of the lighting - Your primary focus should not be "hey that lamp looks cool" but instead "how is this fixture going to direct light" and deciding whether or not it can meet the needs of that specific spot. As an example, a pendant light above a work space looks good and lights well.
- Think in layers - In a previous story about lighting for corporate rentals, the author reminded readers that "a great lighting scheme is a layered affair…thinking about the different qualities of light…the type of light you want…[and] where and how you want to focus that light." In other words, the light bulbs first and then the fixtures to aim that light.
- Think from the top down - One of the best lighting for home and rental apartment tips available is to consider your lighting scenarios from the top down. As one expert noted, "Overhead fixtures exist to provide general or ambient lighting that covers the room," but can be called upon to actually define or create a space. As an example, an overhead fixture in a dining room creates a light that is entirely different than an overhead fixture in the kitchen.
- Living rooms are different - In your corporate rentals, your living or family room lighting scenarios need to be flexible and functional. After all, this is a room where you might play board games, watch TV, socialize or relax with a good book. That is why experts say that some of the best home and rental apartment tips for living room lighting include the use of recessed halogen and spot lighting layered with floor and table lamps and even track lighting.
- Affordable options- A final tip for corporate rentals is to start off by adding fixtures with dimmers to every space. This lets you slowly design and implement the ideal lighting schemes without also breaking your budget. As one expert said, dimmers "allow you to transition from ambient to task to accent lighting with the slide of a switch".